spoon

Recent Recipes

Spinach Tofu Pie / Palak Tofu Pie / Vegetarian Pie / Palak Tofu Masala Puffs

1

Category : , , , ,





​In the local bakeries in India, we usually get two kinds of savory pies - Egg Masala Pie and Vegetarian Pie made with a combination of potato, peas and sometimes beet. Just seeing it from the glass display, my mouth used to water. We could not afford buying these pies every now and then when I was a child so I used to watch it from the glass display, relish the look of it and the smell from the bakery and move on. Today, I can't believe that I am in a position to make the same in my own kitchen. Thanks to God.

"Palak Paneer" is a traditional side dish in India. Palak means Spinach and  Paneer means Indian Cottage Cheese. I didn't have time to make paneer so I have used Tofu for the Spinach Tofu Pie Filling.

You could use this filling itself as a side dish for Indian flatbreads (Naan, Chapati or Paratha). I have used it as a filling for my pie here. For the pie shell, I used the Phyllo Pastry Sheets and the final output was really amazing.

When my husband comes home from work, he likes to eat some snack with Indian tea. So, keeping this pie contest in mind as well, I thought of performing this experiment of stuffing the Indian side dish in the Phyllo Pie Pastry sheets. The results were really satisfying and yummy. Please try it and let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Preparation Steps:

Step 1) Make Spinach Tofu Pie Filling. Please click here for the recipe






Step 2): Assemble the Phyllo Pastry Sheets and the Pie filling and Bake.






1 comments:

Nice post..:)
Please do visit mine and comment:
https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=452573

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

.