Comments (0) | Thursday, 25 September 2014
They say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are extremely nutritious for babies but it is preferable not to give it raw at-least till they are one year old as it might have germs/impurities which can upset their tummy. Its also easier for babies to digest when it is cooked. Apple sauce is easily available in the stores but homemade is the best for babies. My daughter just loved the apple sauce I made and though she is 1.5 years old today, she still relishes it whenever I make it.
- 4 medium size organic apples
- Aluminium foil
- Oven safe container
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash the apples clean.
- Wrap the apples in aluminium foil and place it in a oven safe bowl.
- Place it in the oven for 40 mins.
- After 40 mins, remove from oven and let it cool down.
- Peel the apples.
- Blend the apples to a thin paste without lumps using a blender/mixer.
- The final output is the homemade apple sauce. Hope you baby likes it too.
- You could also prepare the apple sauce in pressure cooker if you do not have an oven.
- You could use apple sauce along with honey as a substitute for sugar while baking cakes. I have tried this and it really works.